Answer yes or no to the following questions:
1. When confronted with a problem, do you normally feel helpless to resolve it?
2. Have you skipped personal hygiene (bathing, brushing teeth, etc.) more than 5 days in the last month?
3. In the last month, have you spent at least one whole day in bed because you just didn't feel like getting up?
4. Have you lost interest and stopped doing your normal housekeeping routines (dishes, yard work, laundry, etc.) for more than 2 weeks?
5. Within the last 3 months, have you cut or hurt yourself out of frustration or to ease your emotional pain?
6. Do you regularly have trouble concentrating while making love?
7. Have you lost interest in food and eating regularly?
8. In the last year, have you missed more than 5 days work (or 5 days looking for work, if unemployed) because you just didn't feel like going in?
9. Has your employer mentioned a negative trend in your attitude, work performance or attendance?
10. In the last 3 months, have you thought of ways to commit suicide?
A. If you answered 'yes' to any of the above questions, you should ask a close friend or family member to read Depression Signs Symptoms Cures with you and help you monitor your life to see if you are showing any symptoms.
B. If you answered 'yes' to 3 or more of the above questions, you should do 'A' above and take a copy of these questions and your answers to your doctor for a complete physical and professional opinion.
C. If you answered 'yes' to 5 or more of the above questions, you should do 'A & B' above and have the friend go with you to the doctor and be present for the diagnosis and doctor's instructions...to help see to it you follow through.
D. If you're taking this test to see if a loved one may be depressed, they may score fewer "yes" answers from your observation and still be depressed. You may be their last connection, so don't be afraid to be pushy. If they have mentioned taking their own life, ask them how they would do that and try to find out if they have an idea when. If they have a plan and a schedule, call 911 and tell them your loved one is planning to harm themselves.
For more information, see these best-selling books on depression signs, symptoms and cures.
Depression is a condition that could cause serious problems, even death for those with depression or those around them. Often, all medicine and counseling can do is manage the symptoms. To actually cure the disease, often we need God's healing. If you'd like His help visit Healing From God.
ADD, Symptoms Of
ADHD Homeopathic Cure
Anorexia Nervosa Quiz
Anxiety Depression Cycle
Anxiety-How Do I Cope?
Attitude And Health
Aviophobia-Fear Of Flying
Compulsion BAR Cycle
Forgiveness And Health
Grief And Loss Recovery
OCD, Causes Of
Panic Attack Treatment
Stress Effects-The Body
Stress Management Tips