1. Drinking water cleanses your body
and fights disease by washing away toxins.
2. Drinking water provides energy and stamina.
3. Drinking water activates fiber, helping prevent atherosclerosis, cancer, diabetes and other diseases.
4. Weight loss diets don't work without enough water.
5. Drinking water helps replace oxygen lost due to allergy and lung disorders, like asthma and emphysema.
6. Drinking water helps prevent or relieve digestive conditions, like colitis and constipation.
7. Drinking water helps prevent or relieve organ diseases, like kidney stones, prostatitis, cirrhosis and hepatitis.
8. Drinking water helps prevent or relieve other diseases, from acne and Alzheimers to thyroid problems and Varicose veins.
9. Drinking water helps relieve the common cold and flu.
A healthy adult should be drinking 2-3 quarts (8-10 8oz. glasses) of treated clean water every day. If you're physically active or if you're suffering a cold or flu you may need more. An easy way to tell you're getting enough water is when your urine is almost clear. You should not drink more than a gallon of water. If you're an athlete or do full-time heavy labor, instead of drinking more than a gallon of water, you should add a "sports drink", like Gatorade, to replace essential nutrients.
Clean, treated water is essential to good health. Most places in the World have relatively clean bottled water available, but this gets expensive. Even the best water supplies have additives that kill bacteria and provide other public benefit. Well water should be treated before you drink it. There are many different types of water treatment systems available at a fraction of the cost of bottled water. The best are carbon block systems and reverse osmosis systems. Even if you're a renter, many portable filtration systems are available. These systems effectively remove water pollutants and the chemicals used in treating drinking water supplies. Make sure the system is approved by the NSF International before you buy it.
As we discuss in Mind Body Spirit, we are more than physical beings. All 3 need to be healthy for any one to be healthy. As important as drinking water is to the body, living water is to the spirit. You can only get living water from God. If you want to be completely healthy, visit Healing From God.
6 Basic Nutrients Groups
Buying Low Fat Foods
Calories In Food List
Dangers Of Trans Fat
In Defense Of Food
List Of High Fiber Foods
Low Fat High Flavor Tips
Low Fat Restaurant Food
Low Sodium Foods
Minerals Good For Body
Vitamin Benefits List
What Is Diet?
Why Nutrition Important?