IPB
Infinite Menus, Copyright 2006, OpenCube Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Choosing Exercise Apparel
Glen
post Nov 3 2007, 03:29 PM
Post #1

Administrator

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 1

We've all seen the cute joggers bouncing down the street during rush hour with their form-fitting, attractive outfits. Whether they're men or women, they're not jogging...they're trolling. When we're serious about staying on a fitness exercise program, the last thing we care about is looks. No matter what your exercise program, there are four common factors you need to consider when buying exercise apparel: Comfort, Safety, Economy and Quality.

Comfortable Exercise Apparel: The tight-fitting pants may be a real magnet for the opposite sex, but they're a dead giveaway that you're...

Read complete article!

--------------------
Love & Hugs,
Glen
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mguest
post Mar 23 2008, 11:14 PM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 66

Very informative article. However I beg the differ as it relates to the intentions of persons that prefer form fitted sports wear. I am a 41 year old mother of 4 and has taken health and fitness rather serious all of my adult life. I am not one of those persons that bounce back and forth with weight and diet issues nor phase 'in' and 'out' of daily exercising. As a matter of fact, the only diet I have ever integrated into my life is a healthy diet (not for losing nor gaining) just simply healthy eating and exercise. I would also like to mention, I run 7 miles 4 times a week with the cute sportswear mentioned in your article and I weigh 130 lbs, 5'6 inches tall and is very much fit. I mentor to several persons as it relates to health and fitness and will be receiving my certification as a personal trainer very soon. I have always enjoyed the stretch sports wear, particularly 'Under Armour' - - it is very comfortable to me. I have never experienced chafing - - I suppose this is a result of body type. I do not want to squash the advice of wearing baggy sportswear as this may be a plus for many people.

The bottom line is , I was disappointed by the assumption of a person's level of intentions based on their choice of apparel. As I see it, it doesn't take much to attract the opposite sex - - whether your apparel is fitted or baggy! And for those who can't seem to keep their eyes off of others, woman or man, perhaps their level of intentions need to be scrutinized. Let's face it, these cute joggers did not become cute just by sitting on the couch eating potato chips, being and remaining 'cute' has to be achieved. Therefore, my advice is to dress according to your likes and comfort.

Other than the aforesaid concern, the article was great! smile.gif

--------------------
Mguest
"The greatest wealth is health". ~Virgil

+Quote Post
Glen
post Mar 24 2008, 06:26 AM
Post #3

Administrator

Thank you for your critique, Mguest! I have to admit I was a little hard about the cute look. I hope you understand, part of it was trying to be cute, myself, so people would read through the entire article. I hope I didn't offend you. If you can get away with a full workout with none of the drawbacks of tight fitting synthetics and still look good, cool! I can see at your level of fitness, with little fluctuation in size, where that would be possible. It sounds like you don't mind if I stand by my loose-fitting recommendation for those of us, including myself, who are in the lesser 95% of the fitness world, wishing we could be you, but not quite making it there, yet.

--------------------
Love & Hugs,
Glen

+Quote Post
Glen
post May 5 2008, 02:58 PM
Post #4

Administrator

Thank you!

--------------------
Love & Hugs,
Glen

+Quote Post
WinthropZenith
post Nov 21 2011, 02:03 AM
Post #5

User

Group: Members
From: 4261 Highway 7 East Suite 346 Unionville, Ontario, L3R 9WB
Member No.: 23,139

Fabulous article, numerous fine information and facts. I enjoyed your professional way of writing this post. Thanks, you have made it easy for me to understand. We are hopefully going to see greater things happening locally soon!

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th February 2018 - 03:39 PM
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here