IPB
Infinite Menus, Copyright 2006, OpenCube Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Pulled Muscle (?) For About 6 Months Now..., I think it's a pulled muscle, but it won't go away...
captainam3rica
post Apr 22 2008, 05:11 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 97

I ran high school cross country earlier this school year. When I came back from Labor Day break, I felt like I had a really bad cramp in my stomach during the whole practice. The school's athletic trainer had me do some stretches and it definitely wasn't a cramp. I went to the Chiropractor and they did X-rays and it didn't appear to be a rib out of place or anything.

I sat out of cross country practice and meets almost the entire season and it didn't get any better. Near the end of the season, I felt like I had recovered and I ran for about one week without any problems, but then it started up at my next meet.

After not doing any exercise for quite a while I tried running at home and only lasted about 15 minutes before I had to stop because the pain in the sides of my stomach were so bad. I went to the doctor and he said it's probably a pulled muscle and to not run or anything for six weeks. I didn't do any exercise really for over six weeks and as soon as I tried running again it hadn't changed.

It's been about 6 months now since it first started and the problem doesn't seem to have gotten any better. The pain pretty much feels like a really bad cramp, and it gets worse the more I run. The pain hangs around my stomach area, sometimes one side or the other hurts, and sometimes both. Around the time when it started I could feel the pain moderately when walking from class to class at school.

I plan on joining the Marines next summer and I really don't need this to get in the way of training and getting ready for boot camp. Does anyone know if it's something besides a pulled muscle? Or if it is, do I just need to sit on my hands for a few months to let it completely heal? Do I need to start walking a little bit further each day and work my way up until I can run? Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Glen
post Apr 22 2008, 06:53 PM
Post #2

Administrator

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 1

I'm no doctor, but a gradual climb back to your normal routine sounds like it would work for a simple muscle strain. Make sure to stay hydrated, because serious cramping can happen when dehydrated or potassium gets low. If the condition persists, persist in seeing doctors until you get answers that don't seem like a pat on the head. Some doctors are better than others. I hope it's as simple as a cramp.

--------------------
Love & Hugs,
Glen

+Quote Post
Healthy
post Aug 30 2016, 12:42 PM
Post #3

User

Group: Members
Member No.: 71,001

sometimes my muscle got pain too much i dont know why but it's starting suddenly. so irritating pain

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th November 2017 - 10:46 PM
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here